Crunchy Bacon Broccoli Salad
Raw broccoli in a salad adds the most satisfying crunch! Pair that with sharp red onion, sweet dried cranberries, crunchy pepitas and of course, smoky bacon bits and you’ve got yourself the perfect salad. Drizzled with a creamy dressing to tie it all together, our Crunchy Bacon Broccoli Salad is here to stay in your weekly rotation.
What you need
Large salad bowl
- 1 large head of broccoli (about 4 cups, 500g), cut into small florets
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup (60g) dried cranberries
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- ¼ cup (30g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup (120g) mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (60g) sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional garnish: chopped fresh parsley
In a large salad bowl, combine the broccoli florets, crumbled bacon, dried cranberries, thinly sliced red onion, and pepitas.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream or Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, and honey or maple syrup. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Pour the creamy dressing over the broccoli salad, tossing gently to ensure even distribution.
Allow the salad to sit for at least 15-30 minutes to let the flavours meld together and the broccoli to soften slightly.
Transfer the salad to a serving dish and garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
✨ RECIPE NOTES ✨
- Make it vegan: substitute the bacon with vegan bacon or smoked tempeh, use vegan mayonnaise, and replace the honey with maple syrup or agave nectar. For a dairy-free option, use a dairy-free yogurt or sour cream alternative.
- Gluten-free: This recipe is naturally gluten-free, but always double-check the labels on your ingredients to ensure they don’t contain any hidden sources of gluten.
- Storage: The salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. In fact, the flavours may even improve as they meld together over time.