Easy Chicken Kale Salad with Creamy Tahini Dressing
Easy, creamy, healthy, delicious! These are our prerequisites for any salad, and this one is no different. Tender chicken, crisp kale, sweet apples, tart cranberries, crunchy walnuts, and tangy red onion make this salad a true delight for the senses – and when drizzled with our creamy maple tahini dressing, it becomes a real party.
What you need
Large salad bowl
Small bowl or jar
- 2-3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or chopped (or 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded)
- 1 large bunch kale (about 8 cups, 200g), washed, stems removed, and finely chopped
- 1 large apple, cored and julienned
- ½ cup (60g) dried cranberries
- ½ cup (60g) chopped walnuts
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
For the Creamy Tahini Dressing:
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large salad bowl, add the finely chopped kale. Add a big pinch of salt and a tbsp olive oil and massage the kale. The kale will go from a lighter green to a darker green as it releases its own oils. This removes a lot of the bitterness from the leaves.
Next, add the cooked chicken, apple, dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, and thinly sliced red onion.
In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, tahini, water and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Add more water if too thick (the texture will depend on your tahini brand).
Pour the Maple-Tahini Dressing over the chicken and kale salad, tossing gently to ensure even distribution. Serve and enjoy!
✨ RECIPE NOTES ✨
- Toppings: You can add any nuts or dried fruits you like to this. Cashews. Almonds and dried apricots work really well in this salad also.
- Cheese: You can also swap out fetta for goats cheese or parmesan.
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Kale holds a lot better then other salad greens, so the salad will remain delicious the next day.