Easy Green Smoothie
Not a health enthusiast? Fair enough. You don’t have to think of this as a “green smoothie”, but more of a banana mango smoothie that just so happens to be green. Green is more of a concept, deliciousness is more of the vibe.
The trick? Blend the greens into oblivion with your milk first. Without the texture of tiny leafy bits floating around in your smoothie, you can’t even tell it’s – gasp – healthy! Go on, give it a taste with your eyes closed and tell us you can still taste the spinach…
What you need
- 1 cup frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen mango
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups preferred milk (we like oat)
- 1 tsp. spirulina
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ cup ice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 teeny pinch of salt (optional)
Place the spinach and milk in the blender and blend for one minute, or until the spinach is totally broken down and you have smooth green milk with pulpy texture.
Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for two minutes or until smooth. If your blender is struggling, just add a little more milk.
Pour into your favourite smoothie glass and enjoy!
✨ RECIPE NOTES ✨
- Process: Do not skip the two blending steps! It’ll make a difference to the texture/overall enjoyment of the smoothie. You’ve been warned.
- Spinach: You can swap this out for kale or use a combination of the two.
- Storage: If you’ve made too much, you can freeze the remaining smoothie in ice cube trays. Simply blend with more milk when you’re ready to drink again.