Easy Spring Strawberry Lemonade
There’s something so cottagecore about strawberry lemonade. It’s homey, fresh, vibrant, sweet – perfect for a picnic at the park, and looks impressive for the little amount of effort it takes to prepare. Whip it out at your get-together to be praised as the hostess-with-the-mostess.
What you need
Glasses for serving
- Approx. 1.5 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 6-8 large lemons)
- 1 cup (200g) granulated white sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1L cold water
- Plenty of ice
- Teeny tiny pinch of salt (optional)
- Optional garnish: lemon slices, strawberry slices
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and 1 cup of the water over medium heat and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved, creating a simple syrup. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool completely.
In a blender add the lemon juice, strawberries and simple syrup and blend until smooth.
In a large pitcher, combine ice, blended strawberries, lemon & strawberry slices, salt (if using) and the remaining cold water. Stir well to combine.
Taste the lemonade and adjust the sweetness or tartness to your liking by adding more sugar or more lemon juice, if necessary.
Fill glasses with ice and pour the lemonade over the top. Enjoy!
✨ RECIPE NOTES ✨
- Make it fizzy: by swapping the cold water for sparkling water.
- Make it boozy! Add ½ cup white rum or vodka for a refreshing cocktail.
- Storage: Can store in the fridge for up to a week.