Green Goddess Sandwich
Fresh, zesty and totally satisfying, this Green Goddess Sandwich hits all the right spots for a refreshing and healthy lunch. It’s well balanced, with the zest and herbiness from the green sauce and seasoned with a touch of salt, sweetness from the green apple, and creaminess from the avocado. The crunch and variety from all the different ingredients packed in here are a textual delight!
Accidentally vegan, decidedly healthy, purposefully delicious. Enjoy our recipe for this Green Goddess Sandwich.
What you need
- 2 Turkish bread rolls
- ½ green apple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup rocket
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce (keep them in whole pieces)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup fresh dill
- ½ cup spring onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. chilli jam or pickled chilli (basically any form of spice that tickles your fancy)
To make the green sauce, pop all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
Slice your Turkish bread rolls in half, and toast them. If you have the time, we recommend toasting in a frypan with a little olive oil.
Lather a generous amount (a few tablespoons) of the green sauce to both sides of the toasted bread on each sandwich. This will be the seasoning for all the ingredients, so be a little heavy handed.
Layer half the ingredients on one side of each sandwich. There is no correct order, so do as you wish!
Close your sandwich and enjoy!
✨ RECIPE NOTES ✨
- Extras: This sandwich is absolutely delicious as is, but if you (like us) start to eat this so often that you want to mix it up, here are a few things we have found work amazingly!
- Cheddar cheese (or the vegan alternative) offers a fatty, saltiness that compliments this sandwich well.
- Chilli jam offers a spice + sweet kick.
- A few anchovies add some extra salt and umami.
- Protein! This also works well with tempeh, tofu, chicken, ham, salami or eggs!