Soba Noodle Salad with Tahini Lime Dressing
A colourful, crunchy and deliciously creamy way to eat your nutrients. This salad bowl is very much a clean-out-the-back-of-the-fridge meal, stacked with a mix of veggies that you could easily sub for whatever you have on hand. The cold soba noodles keep you filled up for longer, and the tahini lime dressing is the perfect bright and zesty addition to level up any salad.
What you need
- 1x 270g packet of green tea soba noodles
- 1x 200g packet of flavoured firm tofu (we like satay or teriyaki), thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 capsicum, julienned
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- ½ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 cup pickled daikon radish, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 long red chillies, sliced (optional)
- ½ cup tahini
- 2-3 tbsp. water (this will depend on your tahini and preferred consistency)
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 chilli, minced (optional)
Prepare the soba noodles as per packet instructions, then run them through icy cold water until they are totally cool.
Prepare the tahini sauce by mixing all the ingredients together except the water. Then add one tablespoon of water until you get your desired consistency. Taste for salt, add more soy sauce if it needs it. Set aside.
Divide your noodles into four bowls, then divide the vegetables, herbs and tofu amongst the four bowls as well. We like to keep the veggies bunched together so the bowl looks like a rainbow. Granted, this is a purely aesthetic choice, so feel free to be as intentional or chaotic as your heart desires.
Pour the sauce over the bowls, and top with the sesame seeds and sliced chilli if using. Enjoy!
✨ RECIPE NOTES ✨
- Gluten free: Buckwheat soba noodles are gluten free – but we’ve found that there are some brands that may incorporate some wheat flour into their mix. Double check the packaging of your chosen soba noodles to confirm it is gluten free prior to purchasing.
- Protein: We love tofu in this bowl, and keeping it vegan makes it a light and fresh lunch. But this recipe would definitely work well with some grilled teriyaki chicken, tempeh, salmon or prawns!