Spicy Potato Salad
We love our bread, we love our butter, but most of all – we love our spice! Most things in our daily meals consist of an element of heat, and this Spicy Potato Salad is not immune. Traditional potato salads will never go out of style with their creamy, moreish flavours, but if you’re looking to kick your salad game up a notch, this recipe will do the trick! Serve alongside your next BBQ and a fresh green salad to complement a well-balanced meal.
What you need
- 2 lbs (1kg) baby potatoes
- Salt, for boiling water
For the dressing:
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (use vegan for plant based recipe)
- 2-3 tbsp. hot sauce (such as sriracha or your favourite brand), adjust to desired heat level
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup thinly sliced spring onions
- Extra spring onions
- 2 large red chillies thinly sliced
In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add the baby potatoes and cook until fork-tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let them cool slightly, before slicing in half.
In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked potatoes and thinly sliced shallots.
Pour the spicy mayo dressing over the potatoes and spring onions, tossing gently to ensure even coating.
Garnish with your sliced red chillies if desired and the remainder of the spring onions. Enjoy!
✨ RECIPE NOTES ✨
- Storage: This potato salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The flavours may even meld together and improve after chilling for a few hours.
- Add-ons: Feel free to add other ingredients such as cooked bacon bits, chopped celery, or hard-boiled eggs to make this potato salad even more delicious and satisfying.